The food and beverage industry relies on stable power supplies, processing cooling and critical temperature control to maintain optimum production and storage capabilities.
Processing operations and storage facilities are particularly vulnerable to power and cooling disruptions, when even a short outage can put production output at risk.
Power and cooling solutions - planned and unplanned support
With Aggreko's 24/7 365 operations and service centres across the UK, we can deliver emergency or planned power and cooling equipment solutions – ensuring your processes stay on track, even when your systems don’t.
Our range of generators (20 kVA - 2100 k VA), high voltage power solutions, chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, air conditioners, heaters, boilers and dehumidifiers allow our specialist team to design and create power and temperature control solutions for a wide variety of applications, including:
- Providing power or cooling capacity during turnarounds or operation and maintenance repairs to ensure uninterrupted production.
- Delivering environmentally-friendly process cooling equipment for added capacity on an 'as-needed' basis without hassle of capital expenditure.
- Specifying back-up power or cooling capacity for periods of higher demand.
- Providing disaster recovery planning for floods, fires, power outages or equipment failures, giving you a workable disaster recovery plan for your power and temperature control requirements, to recover with minimum disruption.
Aggreko works across the world supporting the food and beverage industry with specialist applications, some of which include:
- Seasonal or temporary cooling and cold storage of produce, dairy or meat products and suspended animation of flowers or fruit.
- Heating and cooling solutions for ambient water temperature control at fish farms.
- Environmental control and moisture control in plants, warehouses and storage facilities for extending product life.
- Batch process cooling juices and liquids prior to packaging.
- Temperature control of fermentation processes.
- Dry ice blasting.
- Essence separation and concentration.
- Rice and grain chilling.
- Improving temperature control on exothermic reactions or storage facilities.
- Controlling relative humidity levels to reduce rejection rates of valuable end products.
- Supplementing air input limitations to increase product throughput or process efficiency.
Our comprehensive range of cables, hoses, manifolds, connections, distribution, transformers, synchronisation and changeover panels enables the creation of complex installations suitable for even the largest site.